Max Reporting

This is Max reporting. I am now 14 and I have decided to take over this blog from my Mom. I want to let people know what my life is like with Asperger’s Syndrome and Social Anxiety and I want other people with this dual diagnosis to know they are not alone in their struggles and triumphs. This blog is a great way for me to express my feelings and thoughts because I have a hard time saying it face to face.

Now that I am in high school, I feel the other kids looking at me because I might be acting or saying things differently. I am really into electronics and wiring, so I tend to talk a lot about it. I think this puts other kids off because they aren’t interested or don’t understand what I am talking about. So the other kids usually don’t want to talk to me because they know something is “wrong” with me. I wish I knew how to talk to people and make friends, but it is so hard for me to know what to say. This has been a struggle for my entire life! No one is willing to give me a chance because they are all too cool and don’t want to be seen with “the weirdo”.

In high school I have had to adjust to a new routine. It has been hard to adjust to the new schedule and changing classrooms. Now that I am getting used to it I can enjoy my favourite classes which are math, shop class and computer class. I am super smart about electronics and numbers. I love to take things apart and see how they work. In these classes I feel like I belong. I know what I am talking about and I am good at it too.

I hope you enjoyed my first blog adventure. I know I did. Signing off until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment